Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: At some point ...
In Response To: Re: At some point ... ()

ICD asks: "Was your purpose to harvest trading ideas or to make advertising money?"

I think we've done much more than work toward either of those shallow objectives in the forum. Harvest trading ideas? Not a chance. Advertising? Yes, but ...

The underlying intent at the time the forum was established (when was that, anyone?) was to be an advertising-supported service. It became evident -- almost from the start -- that it would never be self-supporting. The forum has not generated revenue remotely close to the cost of monitoring/updating, etc.

Why did I keep it running? I believe it has been an altruistic gesture -- a contribution to the trading community. It fulfilled that role well for many years -- although at disproportionate personal cost in time and stress. Unfortunately, it seems that the forum might no longer fulfill a positive role in the trading community, since most posts are foul, name-calling, dogmatic political arguments.

Will I keep it running? That depends on the type of posts I see, going forward. On the present trajectory, I think not.

Best to all,
Mike