Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: It's the denominator stupid

My training was solely working my way through law school for one of the best finish carpenters that I have ever met. He got me my union ticket, getting me on as a second year apprentice ... and that was working part time. Fit in the mandatory class time as best I could. That was in the seventies. Didn't even pick up a hammer again, until 2006/2007, having only paid dues to keep my journeyman's card.

In any event, Common rafters, piece of cake ... right? I was working with three, count 'em three, journeyman card carrying union members. 8 x 12. Two of them run to their cars/pickups to get their Construction Master Pro calculators (the smart phone apps hadn't quite caught on yet). The other just kind of looked around and mumbled.

I started marking and cutting ... They all asked me how you do dat? I handed them the "little blue book" that used to come with a Swanson's square. TOO funny ... remember these guys had journeyman tickets.

You can't make up this stuff.