Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: I ain't got no electricity
In Response To: Re: I ain't got no electricity ()

A 2000W will run one appliance at a time, not many. It will run a 5-6000 window air, a hot plate, a fridge, a microwave...etc.. It will use 1 gallon running 10 or so hours on eco throttle. Maybe more, maybe less depend on the load you are drawing. That dual fuel Champion (really good brand, but not a Honda or a Yamaha, but those 2 are 3X more expensive to buy)) inverter is what I am going to buy to get the propane option. I buy empty 20# tanks on Craigslist for 15-20 bux and turn them in at Walmart for full tanks. Most people do not know...there is a 4 digit date stamped into the handle on the right....08-17 would mean a mfg. date of August, 2017...these things can be refilled for 12 years and then should be turned away at the filling station and have to be refurbished and stamped yet another time. ...I think the refurb is good for only 8 years....Save the newer one and get it filled lots of times over time. I turn in the expired ones at the grocery store and get a refilled newer tank in exchange.

It takes time to accumulate a decent store. Always be searching.