Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: DOW
In Response To: Re: DOW ()

I had a chunk of money in a fund type thingy once. It never performed to the market but...at the same time it was not designed to, exactly. It was designed with some safety features in it, in that it never went down even when the market did. In return, it never was as responsive to the up moves and they got some share of it. But...it was my choice to put the money in that device.

I never thought the thing I put the money in...or the money manager did anything but sell whatever instrument was pushed by the corporation. They cared not which way it ended for me. They are there to make money...and that's what they do.

I always wanted to check out the Fisher Investment peeps. Not because it's my last name but because they tout..."we don't make money if you don't make money". At the bottom of it...it's still your money and not theirs so it's your risk but if there was an incentive for a money manager to make you money, it would be to tie their money making to your making money. They could be full of poop...I never checked.