Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: so, there is a Greet guy
In Response To: Re: so, there is a Greet guy ()

Get to know you local stores...no offense to the big box stores nor their workers. lol

I check the local establishments for sales on a weekly basis and have stuffed the freeze with good meat deals.

The local butcher shop was running a deal for t-bones at 9.99 per pound. Not necessarily a deal compared to prices a few months back but by todays standards...a good price. I asked, just out of curiosity what the porterhouse was going for a pound...9.99 per pound was the answer. I asked if he looked that up correctly. Yea, 9.99 per pound. Here lately Porterhouse has been nearer 18 bucks a pound. Porterhouse and T-bone come from the same larger piece of meat. Porterhouse on the larger end graduation to t-bone on the smaller end. I guess they priced both cuts on the price they got the whole piece at.

So I picked up some good porterhouse for 9.99 per pound.

Picked up some chicken leg quarters last week for 59 cents a pound.

Although I can't remember for sure I think I mentioned grinding 50+ pounds of sausage and keeping 34 pounds for a year plus supply of low fat sausage for 2.30 per pound.

This kind of thing doesn't necessarily qualify as survivalist material, in my mind...but at least I'm saving money on food and, except for the porterhouse I'm attempting to lay in a years supply of meat at what looks like will be a better price than we'll be able to find throughout the year and possibly beyond.