Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: so, there is a Greet guy
In Response To: Re: so, there is a Greet guy ()

"My biggest fear/concern is power going out for extended periods of time."

Mine too now that I'm getting that freeze full. May have to give serious consideration to getting a generator that will run off the main propane tank. A friend of mine who lives in FL and has to deal with hurricane caused electrical outages on occasions suggested putting gallon jugs of water in the freeze to act as giant ice cubes after it freezes... to help keep the freeze cold for a longer period of time. Obviously not the answer for longer term outages but maybe it will help over a four or five day outage if you don't have to get into the freeze very often.

I don't particularly care for venison, either. I've never been able to cook that crap to where it wasn't a very dry meat. Not even hour upon hour of crock pottery. Nothing. That resulted in a sizable amount of waste.

What I did to solve that problem was to grind every last drop of meat off a deer into burger and use it everywhere you might normally use beef burger...spaghetti, chili, "hamburgers", etc. We also were told to add 10 percent beef fat to the grind...so I did 20...not being a fan of venison.

For a while we ate nothing but venison...when we went back to store bought beef...man, that was some nasty tasting stuff!!

My taste for food tends to run with the seasons. In the winter it's meat and taters time. In the summer I lay off the red meat a little and go with more veggies and fish...heavy on the veggies.