Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: grocery shopping...
In Response To: Re: grocery shopping... ()

It all goes back to the question of, "Why limit yourself?". I have a couple of rifles in .270 and three in .308. Bought 'em for two reasons. 1) They all had gorgeous wood and high polish bluing. 2) Because I could.

For my groundhog problem, and this year it's serious, as they've cleaned out my wife's lettuce to the point that she won't even be able to get seeds. Killed three, so far, and I have no idea how many to follow. But, I use a .22 break action air rifle. Does a fine job, even on the big old sumbeaches. They dwell under a neighbor's shed and are frequent visitors to my wife's garden. Hard to catch 'em before they run off. I've been told to sit and wait. But, seriously, who is going to sit outside, quietly, unless they're drinking beer? It's a matter of luck.

I like .22 shorts. I have around 500 rounds of the subsonic shorts. I used to use them to thin the coon population, as little old lady neighbors (some biological males) would call the county mounties and report gun shots .... Hayull, we're outside of city limits and it ain't against the law. But, I would see Andy's favorite deputy pull into my driveway ... as they had to investigate if something is called in. Of course, they're not allowed to tell you who made the call. My favorite is Deputy Dodie (real name), I call him Deputy Dode, oftentimes Deputy Dog. He has very little sense of humor and gets offended easily.

If they're able to push their "red flag" laws through, I'm certain that one of the male old ladies will, more than likely, report me. You do realize, even owning a firearm makes you "unstable".