Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: M Benz dealership
In Response To: Re: M Benz dealership ()

I had an acquaintance, that in '76, purchased a 1976 Fleetwood. Art drank his lunch at a Ramada, back before the name became synonymous with rundown and dirty. Body skirt bartender by the name of Annie. Art would drink bourbon (well bourbon) and water. It was not uncommon for him to have fifteen between eleven and one .... and only sometimes order lunch at the bar.

On the days that Art went over his 15 limit, sometimes he would call me to drive him home. Brand-ass new Fleetwood, half the size of a football field. To that point, I had never spent much time in Cadillacs. Pleasure to drive. I don't know if I could keep a car that size in one lane or park between the lines today. For such a big car it handled rather well ... no Lotus Europa, but it was the size of five or six of them.

It was in 1977 that I purchased a "gently-used" 1975 Towncar. The last year of the big Lincolns. The ride was superior to the Fleetwood, but not by much. Climate control was better in the Fleetwood. the Lincoln had better cruise control. I probably favor the Lincoln due having owned one, so my opinion on the ride is likely biased.

Interesting on the Jaguar. The twelve cylinder only had 14 horsepower more than the six. After I totaled my Towncar, I picked up a '76 Jaguar Xj6L ("L" long wheel base). I really liked that car. Best leather interior that I have ever had. The twin gas tanks confused the station workers when you didn't get the self-serve. Telling them to fill it and they'd only do one tank. You'd have to tell them that I didn't ask for a "half-fill, I asked to fill it up). Standard joke. The twin front seat ashtrays were also rather nice.