Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: trades/duck *PIC*
In Response To: Re: trades ()

Ok,I see what you mean. I blew it up big to see clearly. The 22ema was below the 50ema so that meant you'd short 'right at the 22ema' on the 1st tag of it 'after the open' using the all sessions 5 minute chart. You said that the fill at the 22ema was 1255.50. On Qcharts the 22ema at 10am on the 5minute all sessions chart was actually 1250.72. Don't know if all the different chart programs out there vary much with the 22ema averages quotes so thought I'd mention this. Or if that is just a sloppy fil or a variance you get for some other reason. I do like the 22ema/50ema 'trend' as price tends to ride inbetween them like train tracks bouncing off the 22ema. The 3pt stop makes sense with the way price does penetrate the 22ema with its price action. I guess 3pts is the maximum you wish to risk. I did read a report that analysed a ton of trades and found close stops were the major reason for losses. And the wider the stop the more successful the trader was as there is more 'wiggle room' to work. Today's bounce up on the open after the trend was confirmed down was unusual and never reversed the trend as the 22ema simply ran up to the 50ema and rolled back down again. But with price running up to 1259.50 that would not have been a trade to hold onto with a short at 1255.50. Notice after though once price resumed its 'trend' price respected the falling 22ema all the way down bouncing off of it as resistance as usual when below the falling 50ema. Plus it is showing respect at price support and resistance levels. Does what I posted make sense or am I still missing something? Not sure how many contracts you trade with this either? I marked the 1255.50 level in blue and note how it is .22 ticks below the 22ema on Qcharts. If you want deer they are a nightmare here wandering around in packs and eating every one's garden etc here. Some people feed them carrots and you can walk right up to them. Don't need a gun. A knife would work fine. Huge problem on the roads and yards. When they have young they attack dogs and kick the crap out of the poor dogs or cats. No one wants to be the bad guy and blow their brains out. The mayors and councils are 'debating' about what to do about them all. So free deer anytime you wish here,lol. Good luck in your hunt.

Messages In This Thread

trades
Re: trades
Re: trades