Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: April Crude/Still Holding Above the Breakout P

Well the basic theme of this site is commodities as the number of them are not like the thousands of stocks from pennies to hundreds of dollars each. So stock traders tend to go to stock trading sites to discuss all the fundamentals and technicals of each stock. Those message boards fill up and go by quickly each day with hundreds of posts. So overall this isn't the best site for that. I tend to stick to ETFs and commodities as they are also limited in their number. But I created a 7 in a row scan on Stockcharts.com's scanning set up where one can create all kinds of their own scans. Only thing is there is no way I can program it to ignore inside days. So whatever it picks out on U.S. or Canadian stocks or ETFs of all kinds if there is an inside day the scan won't select that stock. Only day one through day 7 with higher highs and higher lows will be selected. Or lower lows and lower highs which is another scan. And if you don't check it one day and the next day has a lower low in an uptrend or higher high in a downtrend it wont select any of the previous selections. One has to check it every day after the close and updating of the data or it's lost. EX: Feb 22nd it found 6 picks. Mainly Oil stocks or Oil ETFs. They were BSFT, DBO,OIL,TS,UCO,USO. Then the next day or two they were no longer selected as they must have had lower lows etc. Today is only one which is VRX.TO on the TSX. I don't usually check for Canadian stocks as I only trade on the U.S. exchanges with all my money in U.S.$. But I can change it to Canadian stocks or U.S. So tomorrow if this stock has a lower low it wont show up on the scan. Hard to create a scan that is more intuitive. I'm no expert on scan creation so perhaps someone else could refine the scan more but I don't see how.