Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Popular spreads / advice?
In Response To: Popular spreads / advice? ()

Some of the best spread trading will vary ...depending on months and times...for example, old crop new crop calendar spreads..

perhaps one of the best spreads to trade is the nob or 'bon' depending how you look at it...the difference between zb and zn!!!!!! and NO place lists this spread by differential correctly! some say it should be 5:3 or 2:1, but i think the best trades are in 1:1

the various wheat combinations... currently in KEz vs ZWz..... also to watch are mgex wheat vs both ke and zw.

perhaps more difficult than picking which spreads will be which months.. usually want to be out a couple months on the grains, not nearest.
so you will have to make changes sometimes.
great plan though. Look forward to seeing what you come up with, because there are soooo many possibilities to choose from.

I don't trade the crack or crush so you might ask traders what they actually trade..
many like to see the ratios and some esoteric ones, but do they actually trade them?
i look at many... i trade the nob 1:1 differential and make charts by hand... i trade the kansas/chicago wheat... i would trade other grains spreads if i saw something promising.. C/S W/C etc... have traded the live cattle/ hogs... feeders/ live cattle.... but mainly the first i mentioned..and then it depends on the months.
good luck and best wishes and good job.
j.