Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Dec Silver/Rolling Over/Ronbo *PIC*

Hey Ronbo. Yes the price chart on the daily chart is still bullish and is holding above the rising 20ema even on the short term. That is always a good sign. So no price breakdown yet. But price is rolling over which isn't a good thing 'short term' and shows weakness especially with both oscillators. The CCI 20 shows a strong negative divergence and even the RSI 21 went well over the very overbought zone of 70 and rolled over below 70 which is bearish plus showed a negative divergence as well on recent highs. And the rally was only a very weak Fib 38.2% retracment of the April to June selloff which is nothing to write home about when talking about Silver rallies. This weekly chart that looks past short term technicals is still looking good despite spinning its wheels at the Fib 38.2% retracement level and rolling over. I wouldn't buy here but I would likely load the boat on a pullback to the major breakout point at $30 which is only $4.00 away. Only a break below $30 would be very bearish again. So buying a call here like you did gets you onboard regardless and you can add if and when a pullback occurs. DX which is always a factor is still below its downtrendline and 20ema which are close together and strong resistance. A breakout over that downtrendline on DX would trash inverse markets. That is the major concern here along with some weak technicals. Something that is a concern is the bullish GOLD positions on the C.O.T. Small Specs which is at the 'HIGHEST LONG POSTIONS SINCE 1986!!!!. Not a good sign short term. Don't know what the C.O.T. Small Spec long positions are on Silver though.
It's Thanksgiving here in Canada. 1st time in my life I've been alone on Thanksgiving. My younger daughter and grandson that are usually close by went on a trip. I'm used to making a huge Turkey dinner basically by myself with pots and pans and ovens going like crazy. It ain't so bad putting my feet up and eating a pizza for a change,lol..........................good luck with your Silver calls.