Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Volatile Nat Gas Trade/ceejay *PIC*

Oh, so your a Canadian as well I see with the HNU.to trade. Most Americans wouldn't know what that is. Well good luck on the trade. I keep all my trading money in U.S.$ as I gave up on the TSX long ago with poor volumes and poor selection and no national SEC. A few ETFs do have decent volume though. I can always park my money on any of the currency ETFs on the NYSE so don't worry much about the currency differences. I am surprised at now well the CD has held up. Historically it doesn't stay above par for long as our manufacturers depend on a competitive currency and tend to get it to work in their favour. But I guess the Government isn't concerned about manipulating it anymore. That BOIL ETF could pullback to $37 and be a buy with stronger momentum indicators I suppose. Or breakout over the gap and price resistance at $44.60 and rally to $52 in a hurry as well. Note how price since the Nov selloff typically runs back up to the falling 20ema and sells off again. What's especially scary is see last May when this ETF had a 1 for 5 reverse split. Anything that has a reverse split is a dangerous long term bearish market to trade. So for every 5 shares someone owned they were given 1 back at this higher price. Otherwise this ETF would have fallen to zero like a lot of leveraged ETFs do as they tend to have a bearish bias due to their calculations along with their trend if down.
P.S. Seasonal trend charts in all time frames are very bearish historically from mid December through mid February