Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Volatile Nat Gas Trade/ceejay

Good luck Ceejay....I think I'm packin it in....futures contracts aren't doing me in as well...I've lost a considerable sum in only two trading days....if this were the gold market....gold would be down $130 today and the media would be all over it....gas being down 7.7% in one trading evening doesn't even catch a headline....I still believe we are putting in some type of bottom but the vehicles (ie futures and options) we are trading in aren't going anywhere.....for exmple, even though the front months future (ie Feb 12) contract bottomed at around $1.95 last year you would not have made money in futures at present when forward contracts are now trading at the $3.20 area as these contracts only got down to $3.05 last year when the Feb 12 forward contract (which have now expired) bottomed around the $1.95 area (OK you would have made $.15 if you didn't get stopped out last night)....follow my drift....the time component of options and futures contracts adds considerable risk not to mention the leverage risk when prices drop almost 11% in two days..I know this going into the game but one alway tells himself its different this time as I've taken some time off to gather my thoughts and I'm going to be more disiplined...maybe a symptom of an addiction problem? Can it this gig be any more difficult to quit than smoking and driniking???..I know it will be a heck of a lot cheaper if I quit this gig after the past two days....best time to quit is on days like this as the feeling lingers for quite some time......Rolly