Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: WMT ammo
In Response To: Re: WMT ammo ()

I've heard that BS before. Had a friend from Missouri used to say that till I took him squirrel hunting in the cedars. Yea, he says...I see why you have to use a shotgun.

Come on down with your .22 and I'll take my shotgun...see who puts more meat on the table.

There are places we can use a .22 on squirrels but there a lot of places swamped under with cedar trees and nearby houses. You get about 1/10 of a second to see em before they disappear in the cedar bush tops and then they're gone. All you see is flashes. Rarely will you ever hit one with a .22. It's certainly no sich with a shotgun. If we get a chance to find a stand of big Oaks, maybe we take the .22 depends on where the houses are.

There are places we can use a .22 on rabbits as well. Then there's the cotton fields. Ever try hunting cottontails amongst the cotton balls where the rabbit knows to cut the rows. It may run 15 or 20 feet down a row then it will jump two and three rows perpendicular to the rows. Gone...takes a practiced eye to pick that cotton ball tail from the cotton balls...give it 2 seconds before you pull the trigger and you can forget about that one.

Come on down...Yankee.