Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Trading University

Ok guys...I have spent several...several!...hours looking through Trouts stuff and his trading system. I have NOT studied, become familiar with, or tested the actual trading system to a degree needed to formulate a solid informed opinion. I will proceed on my quest and report back on that at a later date. Hopefully in the not to distant future.

Here is what I am prepared to say, though. If a newbie or a person who has been in this for a while but, as normal circumstances would probably dictate(as they did with most if not all of us at one time), asked me what they should do to become better equipped to understand the market...I would not hesitate to advise them to take the money they would surely loose on their first adventure into trading and buy into Trouts program.

Why? Trout has put together a nice collection of explanations and descriptions of many of the basic technical indicators and theories on trading. A base of information that I think most people come to realize...over time. This collection of information would cut through a lot of BS that most people encounter at the beginning of their expedition into the trading world. It would introduce them to some of what I think are the more useful tools needed to understand what is needed to formulate a reasonable understanding of the chart from a technical position.

As for the original argument that sent me down this path(as I understand it)...the back testing...Trout puts in his discussion of that all and probably more of the required disclaimers as to accuracy and expected performance into the future as I think any reasonable person should. I have watched the particular video several times already and...TO THE DEGREE I UNDERSTAND HIS SYSTEM AT THIS POINT...think he stuck strictly to the prescribed rules of the system while doing the back test.

As I previously said...I will continue to study the system and even put it to the test after some more studying...then post my results as I think that is more or less what I was tasked to do. Then again, I may not know exactly what I was tasked to do>>>

That ought to scare the chit outa of you, Trout. :-))

I have to agree with Trout, in this instance, about the attacks. If nothing else, I believe the guy is trying to do good and he has some interesting things to say. Of course, I have always thought he was pretty right on when it came to many of his screeds he has put up here. So I may be a bit biased on this aspect.

Mike...if this is, in your eye's, an endorsement that doesn't fit within the rules here...you know where the delete button is...I know you do. :-))