Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trading University
In Response To: Trading University ()

here's what I think about the actual trading system presented at Trading University. It sucks. bwahahaha

Just kidding.

A lot of you guys know I've been in this game for quite some time. Been a part of this forum for a very long time. I've studied many theories and trading methods over the last 25 years. Many I found to be scams providing the owners cash through the sales of the system. Some, I found to be possibly trad-able but for one reason or another...not practical.

Some may think I haven't spent enough time studying TU's system to make an informed decision. To that, I say, it wasn't the three weeks that it took me to learn the system that should make my analysis valid, rather it was the prior 25 years of experience before this that matter.

Keep in mind that this is just my opinion...yea...backed up with a quarter century of experience but still just my opinion. Keep this in mind as well, it fits with my preconceived notions of what a trading system should be and what I had developed through my studies. It is mechanical, there are set rules for initiating a trade. There is a mechanical method for managing the trade once initiated. The method by which the chart is dissected, organized, and analysed...something I find of critical necessity for my piece of mind in chart analysis, is useful, clear and concise.

I found the rules of the system easy to learn and follow. I find them to also be pretty damned accurate. I have made a total of 6 trades so far. 5 were winners, 1 a looser and I attribute the loser to my lack of paying attention to what I was doing more than a system failure. Those results are even better than what Trout claims on his bench marking examples and I do not want to imply that results like that are the norm or can be expected by all. This is just what I have experienced. I day trade the beans on a 30 second chart and find the system accurate even on that time frame and with what I call a dead ass market so the wins haven't been king makers but the system got me in and out with wins. I have tried to exclude what I know and have been using from the equation and function solely on the TU system.

Judging from applying the system to larger time frame charts by study but not placing any longer term trades(cause I only day trade) I can see where it looks like it would work well.

In short...I like it. I like it a lot.

I will attempt to chronicle my upcoming trades and their results in a couple of weeks. Something I loathe doing but I'll attempt to do it for fairness' sake.

I hope you assholes appreciate the trouble I have gone to to do this study. :-))

Jay, to you I say thank you for the opportunity. I have found it useful and educational.

Let the fireworks begin. :-)