Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trading University
In Response To: Re: Trading University ()

It should dawn on a person after looking at the charts for a while that the same patterns are being made on the large time frames as on the small. From that one ought to deduce that the same causes of market movements underlie the big as well as the small and any indicator or system that works for the big should work for the small. Breakout, double bottoms and tops, trend-lines, etc. are some that work on the large and small alike. So that becomes my first point of investigation when looking at a system or theory...can I use it on the 30 second and the daily or weekly? If not, it causes a problem with me. It reminds me of the physicists looking for the "God" particle...a thing that ties together the workings of the very biggest to the very smallest.

Since I work on such a small time frame I have taken the RTT and applied it using the 1, 3, and 5 minute charts as well as the others because even the 240 can lead to a long wait when using the 30 second chart. When the beans actually have a decent day I'll apply the dow on the 30's time frame.

But...to me, the most valuable thing on this time scale is the trigger. If either the cross or cod doesn't come together with the tl break on the 30's and it looks like it is stalling out and not completing the move, I just bump out to the 1 or 3 minute and wait for it there. POW...ZAP...BAM!

Impressed, I am. :-)