Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S. Gov't Looks for possible Americans/Lee

Well I picked up my 2011 tax stuff from the accountant sometime in April. So it's been in effect for awhile now. I was surprised by this document I had to sign and the response I got when I checked YES regards to U.S. born or parents. The accountant said it was a nightmare for them and their clients. As I said, those that the U.S. government are saying are Americans now with their definition have been instructed to go to the nearest U.S. office for their social security card and start reporting all income from all sources. I'd tell them to go screw themselves myself. I know a few people that had duel citizenship and told the U.S. government to take a hike as they wanted confirmation of their world income even though they hadn't worked in the U.S. for years. A couple I know renounced their U.S. citizenship as they had no intention of moving to the U.S. again so didn't need it. Lots of people have duel citizenship for whatever reasons due to one U.S. parent and have had since birth even though they may have lived most if not all of their life elsewhere. This is now causing problems due to this new situation. I guess the U.S. is looking for cash wherever they can find it. What they are not considering is many if not most of those people they are rounding up to pay taxes are older overall and would then be eligible for social security benefits and other social services if declared American. I would think that would offset any tax gains myself as I've read that over 80% of your total health care costs in a lifetime are spent in the last few years of a life. Doesn't sound financially viable to me. If It was me I'd be getting rid of older people, not looking for more of them regardless of the short term possible tax collections.