Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

U.S. tax code is unconstitutional

I don't live in the U.S., neither am I a U.S. citizen, but recently I tried to find out how I could pay my capital gains tax (only a few dollars) on my E-Trade account. I spoke to some extremely bored IRS bureaucrat for about half an hour who kept quoting regulation codes. When I asked what the codes meant, she answered by referring to other regulation codes (again in a very disinterested intonation). Anyway, I ended up not paying, and nothing happened.

Don't you guys have a clause in your constitution that goes something like 'Laws must be sufficiently clear and precise. According to the principles of legality, if a law is vague, or overbroad, respectively, it is not a valid law.' As the U.S. tax code contains over 72000 pages, doesn't that qualify as invalid? Just food for thought!