Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S. Gov't Looks for possible Americans/Lee

Trades,
You certainly opened a hornet's nest.
Living along the border here, I know of several couples who refuse to travel into the states. A friend of mine was born in Syracuse and moved to Canada when he was 12. He used to visit Syracuse all the time (he lives in kingston). But with this new IRS enforcement, he and his friends are concerned about getting arrested at the border since their pp indicates their place of birth.They have told their relatives that they are NOT coming for Thanksgiving, Christmas - or any other occasion and that if they want to visit - they will need to come to Canada - because no way in hell are they going to risk problems at the border. They've already heard too many horror stories. He went to the US embassy in Ottawa to renounce his US citizenship - not as easy as people might think. He was asked to bring in his last 10 years tax returns and the names of all his employers. What???? I find that hard to believe -but that's what he told me.

Locals here were informed last year by the DHS that drones would be patrolling the border. You can't see, or hear them - but they regularly patrol along the 1,000 islands corridor. What next???