Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: why not evrybody gets $10k???

I haven't smoked in 15 years...I bet it's been. Used to smoke a mean 16 hour brisket and 10 hour chickens. Give em away just for the pleasure of seeing people eat it. I used two Smoky Joe's, mesquite wood, and, of all things as a seasoning, McCormick's rotisserie chicken seasoning even on the brisket and whatever piece of pork I'd throw in there.

That was back when brisket was thought of as a trash cut and cost nothing...they'd almost pay you to take the chit outa there meat house...and whole chickens were a couple bucks. Then like cigars when the craze hit that and cigars went from nothing to too much...everybody thinks brisket is the greatest thing since sliced bread and they fancy themselves the King of the pits...the price of brisket kept creeping up to the point it was too expensive to give away...now you can't hardly find a brisket for under 80 fricken bucks.

Then they ruin it with way too much pepper and salt and they don't cook it nearly long enough in most cases. If brisket holds together well enough that you can cut slices off with a knife...it aint been cooked low and slow. You ought to be able to pull it apart with yo fingers.

I was taken to a 5 star restaurant once and got their sampler of smoked meats plate. The meat was really good and had a sweet taste to it. Something I'd never tasted before. I learned how to smoke in Texas...back in the day when real men used mesquite and the oak wooders ran scared. I got to talking to the chef or this high end eatin hole and asked him what kind of meat he smoked with. He, in turn, asked me what I smoked with...figuring I was a smoker...why else would I ask? I said I use mesquite...he replied...Damned Texan. haha

But...interestingly enough...he said he used persimmon wood to smoke with. If you have a persimmon tree handy, give it a try. It imparted a very unique, if not somewhat too sweet a taste for my taste....taste to the meat. Good enough to try once and see what you think. I may have mentioned this before...the olding brain don't work like it used to.