Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Fast food specials
In Response To: Re: Fast food specials ()

When I first saw someone with an older model, at the range, I thought ... "hot damn". The Armalite AR-50 .50 BMG Bolt Action Rifle, Blk - 50A1BGGG comes with a built in tripod and other assorted goodies. I looked at one when they first came out, not being too keen on the Barrett's looks and price.

When I first saw the 50A1, I told myself that I'd buy one if and when they ever fell under $3,000.00. Well, a few months later, Palmetto State had a "Deal of the Day" for $2999.99, which IS under 3000.00

It's a hoot! Recoil is actually manageable, as it has on hell of a muzzle break. The state range, closes to me (around a thirty minute drive) has a 25 yard (straight wall cartridge only), a fifty yard and a one hundred yard range. The men that run it are retired DNR agents, double dipping. So, I have always asked for permission and seek a time when there are very few people at the range. When I want more than 100 yards, I go over to AAA, a privately owned range that has a five hundred yard range. No steel targets allowed, paper only ....

I know a couple with seven acres, where it would be legal .... but with only seven acres, I have some reservations. I need to get on there with a backhoe and build up a berm. I don't know, at my age if I'm up to it.

I actually bought it for giggles and grins ... not to mention semi-bragging rights. Figure this one for distance and the .416 Rigby with steel sights for closer.

To answer ICanDance's question, that would be my ideal "radiator" remover.

I could go out to our farm, but it's in Iowa ... and a fourteen hour drive, just to punch some concrete block .... I'm just too old for that. Plus, I'd have to drive through Illinois, and I don't know if it's legal to transport one through there (someone told me that it was not).

Anyway, I've spent ten times that amount for a nice side by side 28 gauge, but those suckers hold their value. The AR-50 was truly a #####s and grins purchase. Plus, it's the only firerm that I own where the ammunition costs more than m .416 Rigby.