Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: WTI Breaks 90 To the Upside

The 30-30 is probably the most common round out there. They used to say the 30-30 has killed more deer than any rifle out there. Still? Who knows but their are a lot of them out there. 30-30 would take a bear out. I had two at one time, a marlin and the Winchester. Gave the Marlin to a neph who has killed many deer with it.

If I had to pick just one rifle...I think I'd go with the .308. Very accurate round. Relatively light recoil, Lots of it around. NATO round. Will take out any critter in North America. Has a wide variety of bullet types and weights.

The .308 is found in all manner of rifle formats from bolt to semi-auto's like the AR-10. Having shot one for some time, I think the effective range for the .308 is about 750 yards. They used to be, may still be, used in long range shooting by many peeps. Seems like the 6.5 Creedmoor is or has surpassed the .308 in popularity for long range shooting...but that doesn't diminish the .308's history as a good long ranger.

Old professor friend out in Texas has killed bunches of hogs over the years. He mostly leaves them in the field for the buzzards and coyotes as well. Really big problem out in Texas.