Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Corn prices higher/Limitup/Trades
In Response To: Re: Corn prices higher/Limitup ()

Hi Trades,
I have to agree with you. But I don't understand the Corn market either. So will be interesting to see what this week brings.
Price has been going up since beginning of June, then dropped off. I suspect there is more going on than just the current dry spell !!!

I looked at the prices for the forward contracts and clearly don't have a clue as to what is giving rise to those prices !!!

Hope CeeJay posts his weather outlook tomorrow, should be interesting to see how both Corn and Ng play out next week. I am going to post a note to CJ. Looks like Tropical storm Debbie is already stirring the Ng pot, but in my mind it is a "non event" unless it really steams up and does some facilities damage. If it just cruses along he gulf coast La into Texas coast the rains should drop the A/C needs and pretty much offset any loss in production for the short term. We'll see how the market reacts to that one as well.

Thanks, Lee