Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Corn prices higher/Limitup/Trades

Trades:

I agree with you. That is why a weather markets and other highly volatile markets are for seasoned traders only. If the exchanges could get away with it...there would be no trading limits. Less trading=less revenue. So nowdays there is no such thing as a non volatile market....oats are even a big mover now. Markets s are more volatile now more than ever, because we have more clueless people now trying to make a buck in these markets. In the end there is no real price discovery. Price is no longer king anymore...stupidity is As a result , markets are a lot more random than ever before. I encourage use of technical analysis but that it is only the beginning of trading these markets. After T.A. is mastered, then fundamentals are even harder to learn and trade. I have seen to many people get burned, because T.A. was their only guide. With that said, manging risk is even more important to people that are clueless. As you said and I agree with.... the options market is seller one sided ....designed to suck all the premium out of buyers. I agree that spread trading is getting more and more popular due to less risk than single future position. I can count more option strategies than I can people trading them...it is easy to get paralysis by analysis in that shuffle. Options are scam if you don't know how to trade volatility...this is were the sucker noobs think options are a safe risk management tool. I really did not want to get to involved with options in this post. Bottom line...making money in this biz is ALL high risk in the real world.

L