Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Corn prices higher/Limitup/

Trades:

Totally agree...preservation of capital is #1. That is why most people should not trade a weather market. That is why I say stay away from the charts in a weather market. Sure, there are a lot of lower risk ways to manage positions. I am not opposed to spread trading....nor am I totally opposed to options trading....but all I am saying is that trading any markets....fundamentals need to be a part of the over-all analysis of your trading decisions. One guy told me he went short corn last fri...because he thought it was over-bought--case in point. Gunslingers keep the markets alive. Without volatility, the markets would die...and low risk traders would not make any money. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate your effort here. Charts are important (as well as fundamentals). Unfortunately the majority of the traders cannot digest and interpret the 10% of the fundamentals that drive a market. Teaching charts is a lot easier than teaching fundamentals. I cannot devote a enough on this form time to teach the fundamentals and charts. At some point I will start offering people to come to my webinars. There, we will discuss grain fundamentals with outside markets and charts....as well as option and spread recommendations.