Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: how y'alls food store shelves lookin?

I just had the propane tank filled to the brim...that'll get us through the winter. We've run propane for decades...3 or so...we run our central heat off propane but I have these two propane heaters that don't require electricity to operate. They're not as efficient as the central heat but in a pinch it beats the hell out of wood.

Been considering getting a fridge/freezer that runs off propane.

Water is a bit iffy but there is an old water well on my little one acre patch of land. I have no way of pumping it but I suppose if worst came to worst I could bail it...the well is only 70 feet deep. I suspect as it is in a lot of places around here...sulfur water...to some extent...but maybe not???

The thing that has always bothered me about the SHTF and prepping up for something like that is when the cities dry up of food and water...they're not going to stay there and die...they're coming out looking for stuff and they'll take it by force...and there will be large roving gangs of them.

Best to make plans with like minded around you to help in situations like that.

It seems the MO of those who want to see us fail is to divide us and maybe to the extent of a race/civil war...what better way to get it going.