Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: how y'alls food store shelves lookin?

Hard to go wrong with the trusty 12ga.

I would suggest getting a 12ga capable of shooting the 3 inch shells, if you can...you can shoot anything from 3 incher's down to whatever but with a 2 3/4 inch chamber you can not shoot a 3 incher. No telling these days what you can and can not find.

Plus...with ye old 12 gauge you can provide yourself with a self defense weapon as well as a hunting weapon. WIth slugs you can hunt many bigger game critters...at close enough range, while maybe not the ideal thing, I'd think you could kill just about anything in North America. Slugs are fairly accurate out to 100 yards. With a rifled barrel, they can be very accurate. Bird shot, at close enough range, can take out two legged critters.

The most popular round, it seems, for self defense is the 2 3/4 inch with double ought buckshot.

I shot some 3 inch shells with four ought buckshot(not to be confused with number 4 shot even though they would be quite handy) once and was duly impressed.

Single shot, double barrel side by side or over and under, pump action, autoloader...many good variations of the shooter as well some configured to hold many, many rounds.