Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: My guess
In Response To: Re: My guess ()

Speakin' of ammunition. Over the past few months, I've been out to Cabela's six times, looking for simple .45-70 Gov for my Browning High Wall 1885. None. Hard to find online and if you only want a couple of boxes, the shipping will kill you.

But, .22 rim fire. I have thousands of subsonic shorts. Lord knows how many standard velocity .22 LR. I have thousands of rounds of .223 Remington, around 600 rounds of 556 Nato (the .223 is for a Remington 700) and I got the 5.56 mm, when I finally went out and picked up one of those Scary Black Guns, which I have yet to shoot.

On the .22 rimfire, I've always been drawn to the unusual. I went and picked up a new Browning SA-22. It's a Japanese made one. But, the old Belgian that I've had since I was a mean widdo kid looked so lonely, so I wanted to introduce him to a new Japanese bride (figured if one of them was good enough for me, it should be for him as well). While I was there, waiting for the answer on the 4473, I walked down the cases of side arms. I'm not much of a handgun guy, I have the wheel guns that I like and one semi-auto (Springfield XDM 4.5 in .45 ACP).... but there in one of the cases was a display of North American Arms .22 revolvers. I was shocked as to how small they were, so I had to have one. Until you leave the store, they can always add it to the form. On sale for $199.00 and the cutest little thing you've ever seen, If you drop it in a shirt pocket you can barely feel it. I have a Bond Arms Rough Neck and it dwarfs this little .22 ... Makes the derringer almost look like a heavy-weight giant.

.22 LR and a little 1 3/8 inch barrel and from what playing around on a can of beans, I do believe that it would do the job.

.22 rimfires are neat little rounds. From boyhood to old man.